The MBA Admissions Studio connects with and puts high-quality resources into the MBA admissions community, mostly via social networks. Here’s an overview of what there is and where to get it:
1. The articles at mbastudio.net . This is Avi Gordon’s MBA admissions advisory platform, with hundreds of articles covering various topics including admissions insights, tactics, essay-craft, interview-prep, and so on. It is owner-written content, with new content more-or-less every three weeks during MBA admissions season (July-February) and more sporadically out of season. Updates are syndicated to Facebook and to various other outlets (see below.)
2. Facebook Page – MBA Admissions Studio contains material from mbastudio.net as well other MBA admssions and MBA Studio-related updates. If you like what you see there (or here), a “like” is very much appreciated.
3. The MBA Studio News is a daily online newspaper created out of sources @mbastudio twitter follows, as well as other selected MBA- and B-school related feeds. It is technology at its best: a fast, accurate, visual overview of what’s going on in the MBA admissions world day-by-day.
4. Twitter @mbastudio is an active and focused admissions resource, with no unrelated tweet junk.
5. Linkedin – Avi Gordon also syndicates on Linkedin, and is happy to connect and stay in touch with past and potential future clients.
English writing and grammar resources:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/grammar-girl/ – a lively grammar resource by Mignon Fogarty, Grammar-Girl
http://australianhelp.com/grammar – a comprehensive writing assistance and English grammar site
http://www.cws.illinois.edu/workshop/writers/ – writerly resources from the University of Illinois writers’ workshop
http://oedb.org/library/features/150-writing-resources – 150 writing resources from the Open Education Database
https://brians.wsu.edu/common-errors/ – common errors in English. Hosted at Washington State University
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/ – guide to grammar and style. Hosted at Rutgers.
http://bid4papers.com/blog/hook-for-essay/ – how to create a “hook” for an essay.
http://kimberlychapman.com/essay/essay.html – tutorial covering various aspects of essay writing.
https://www.assignmenthelper.com.au/plagiarism/ – guide to plagiarism and how to avoid it (and resources Adcom may use to check for it!)
https://prowritingpartner.com/grammar-guide/ – rich list of resources: dictionaries, style guides, usage handbooks and more.
https://www.wristbandexpress.com/content/hand-hobbies-a-resource-guide-to-writing-basics/ – a resource guide to writing, covering inspiration, outlining, grammar, editing, and more.
https://www.inc.com/christina-desmarais/43-embarrassing-phrases-even-smart-people-use.html/ – a list of very common English mistakes even mother-tongue speakers make
The MBA Tour http://www.thembatour.com
The World MBA Tour (QS) http://topmba.com/
Search MBA http://www.searchmba.com/
Find MBA http://find-mba.com/
Find Your MBA http://findyourmba.com/